YOUR FRENCH STAY – COVID-19 SAFETY CHARTER
The Covid-19 virus is still very much ‘at large’ and with the absence of effective treatment or a vaccine, we all need to be aware of what measures we can take to minimise the risk of catching the infection.
- This is a marathon, not a sprint
- We must not drop our guard
- We all need to adjust to a ‘new normal'
- Together, our actions give us the power to control the spread of the virus
To this end, we have produced this COVID-19 Safety Charter for the safety of both parties. And although not law, this best practice approach lists what we are actively implementing and the expectations from our guests too.
Through this COVID-19 Safety Charter, Your French Stay is committing to:
1. Adopting the recommendations of the French health authorities in respect of Covid-19.
2. Introducing personal protective equipment for cleaning will observe human contact of a 1.0m distance.
3. Increasing the cleaning and disinfection measures of contact points (e.g., Light switches, door handles, TV remotes etc) by adapting the cleaning-disinfection products meeting the virucidal standard EN 14 476 as indicated against Covid-19,
4. Deep cleaning and disinfecting external furniture.
5. Washing all gite laundry to the highest temperature afforded to the item as per the washing care label.
6. Deep cleaning in the dishwasher, crockery (plates, cutlery, glasses, and cups) of the accommodation according to the recommendations of the health authorities before making the accommodation available.
7. Checking the ventilation of all rooms in the accommodation before the accommodation is made available.
8. Providing guests with products to clean and disinfect during the stay which meet the standard indicated against Covid-19.
9. Restricting the supply of food items offered in the gite to only those in unopened factory-sealed packaging.
10. Rotating the Guest information folder between bookings
11. Establishing and respecting a risk management protocol in the event of suspected contagion to Covid-19.
Guest Covid-19 Checklist
Facemasks are no longer mandatory however if you feel you would like us to wear them when interacting with you, we will be happy to comply with your wishes.
Arrival and Check-In
If you experience any coronavirus symptoms prior to travelling OR are asked to self-isolate, please do not set out on your journey.
When you check in, we will confirm with you that neither you nor other guests have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases and therefore should be self-isolating at home.
- Do not arrive earlier than our 5 pm Check-In. This is to give us the time we need for the extra cleaning required.
- On every arrival at the gite front door following a public journey, every guest must use the alcohol-based hand gel provided before entering the property.
During your Stay
- We will not enter your gite during your stay unless there is a problem.
- All coughs and sneezes must be directed into tissues, then immediately sealed in a bag and binned.
- All the teas, coffees, sugar, condiments, etc will be individually wrapped and/or changed after each party of guests leave.
- Remote controls, hairdryers and fans will be disinfected after each set of guests.
- Some establishments require the use of provided hand gel before entering.
- Guests should be conscientious when in busy public areas.
- Carry on person a small bottle of hand gel and wipes for use in public places such as shopping trolley handles, door handles etc.
Departure and checkout
- At the end of the stay, place all leftover food items into a bin bag and put in the bin provided.
- Put all used towels in a bin bag and close it securely. Then remove all duvet and pillow covers and place in a separate bin bag and close them securely.
- Weather permitting, please open the windows half an hour before departure.
- If you develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving Beaux Souvenirs, please advise us.