The North Dordogne is a perfect location for lovers of the great outdoors, offering a wide range of sports and activities suitable for everyone.
- Balloon Flights from Hautefort – Prices from 245 euros per person for a 2 hours flight, http://www.montgolfiere.fr/tarifs-vol-montgolfiere
- Tandem skydives can be done from Perigueux airport. Prices from €265 https://air-mauss.com
- Discover the villages and chateaux of the Perigord Blanc from the air. Take off from Perigueux airport. https://aeroclubperigueux.com/baptemes-de-lair/
GOLF COURSES NEAR US
- Golf du Genet (30mins/25km) in Saint Barthelemy de Boussiere. Recently opened in 2018 this 9 hole course is handy for a quick game close by to find out more click here.
- Domaine d’Essendieras (44mins/43.5km) in St Medard d’Exideuil. The golf course offers a large variety of 9 holes so you never have a dull moment. It starts with a very short hole where precision is the keyword. A 130-metre par 3 with a vertical drop of 15 meters to a green that looks like a giant foot. Your walk will lead you along some small lakes and on some small hills with magnificent views. The large and very sloping greens will demand every bit of technique and concentration from you. This course is a pleasure to play on. http://www.essendieras.com/golf-dordogne-france/9-hole-golfcourse
- International Golf de la
Preze(52mins/47km) in Rouzede- Golf International de La Prèze is a really spectacular course, with its beautiful location, its hills, woods and lakes. It offers a main 18 hole champion's course, a unique 18 hole pitch-and-putting competition course, as well as a driving range and two pitch and putting practice greens. Golf de la Prèze is affiliated to the Fédération Française de Golf. http://www.golfdelapreze.com/en/index.php
- Golf de Saint Junien (52mins/54km) Les Jouberties, 18 holes - par 72, designed in a superb wooded area, this course is challenging and technically interesting for players of all levels, with a wide variety of obstacles and difficulties more or less numerous depending on the holes. On some holes, your driver will be very useful to play on the length, but you will also meet very tight fairways and where it is wiser to use an iron. The greens are defended by the bunkers and on some holes, there are obstacles which make this course one of the essential places of the Limousin. http://www.golfdesaintjunien.com
- Golf Club de Limoges (52mins/51.3km) 26 Avenue de Golf, Limoges. Born from the pencil of Hubert Chesneau, one of the most famous European architects and with multiple achievements thus the National Golf. This 18-hole course stretches over 55 hectares and offers amateurs of pretty, often long holes with small greens. Moreover, its relatively flat relief and little physical is adapted to all types of golfers. https://www.golfclublimoges.com
- Golf Club de Perigueux (54mins/59.4km) in Marsac
sur l’isleMature, wooded course, 18 hole course where water is omnipresent, peaceful and relaxing, it remains nevertheless technical and surprising, accessible to practitioners of all levels. The welcome and the conviviality will allow you to spend pleasant moments as well on the course as with the club-house or the pro-shop. www.golfdeperigueux.com/fr
- Golf de la Porcelaine (1hr 2mins/57.6km) near Panazol. In an 18-hole course, the landscapes follow each other and everyone can play according to their possibilities and temperament. The golfer has only one real opponent: himself. But, unquestionably... at Panazol, the small honeycombed ball must start for a superb race.http://www.golf-porcelaine.com/
CYCLING NEAR US
- Hire a bike from www.dispovelo.com or ring 0033 (0)9 84 05 58 86
- For everything, you want to know about cycling in the region visit cycling in North Dordogne.
- If you like the idea of cycling but don't fancy going on the road, then why not check out the Velorail, when pedalling on an old railway track feels a bit safer!
FISHING NEAR US
The Périgord, with the rivers Dordogne, Vézère,
- A full years licence to fish most of France costs around €88 and enables the holder to fish 1st and 2nd category waters. This amount varies a little between departments.
- There is a distinction between 1st and 2nd Category Lakes and rivers in France.
1st (Premiere) Category Lakes and Rivers are predominantly inhabited by game fish from mid-March to mid-September.
2nd (Deuxieme) Category Lakes and Rivers are predominantly inhabited by coarse fish, mostly all year.
- The holiday licence is now available from June 1st - December 31st and costs €32 for a 15 day period. This entitles you to fish 1st and 2nd category waters in the region.
- Daily licences are now available for just €10 and can be purchased from January 1st - December 31st permitting the holder to fish 1st and 2nd category waters. The daily permits only cover the department in which they are issued, i.e. Haute Vienne 87, Charente 16 or Dordogne 24. There are some lakes locally that do not require anglers to be in possession of a permit, although there is usually a daily ticket fee.
- The easiest way to buy a licence called a Carte de Peche in a tobacco or fishing tackle shop (Peches)
In the local lakes and rivers, you will find Trout, Chub, Carp, Pike, Zander, Perch, Shad and other species. See
CANOEING NEAR US
The Dordogne is an excellent place for canoeists, with three rivers within which to canoe on including the Rivers Vezere, Dordogne and Dronne. The nearest to Mialet is at Brantome on the Dronne, which offers an extremely picturesque 12km or 8km trip lasting 3 or 2 hours along the river which includes weirs to make the trip a little more interesting. You are well looked after and beginners are well catered for too. See this site for more details Brantome Canoe
HORSE RIDING NEAR US
Imagine riding in the beauty of our Perigord/Limousin Nature Park? Just 9 km north of us lies Dournazac where you will find stables to allow you to ride from just an hour to a full day hike including a picnic. To find out more go to academiedesartschevaleresques.ffe.com
ZIPWIRING NEAR US
If you are an adrenaline junkie then get a fix at the local Espace Hermaline in Bussiere Gallant. Here you can jump off a 30-metre platform and slide at up to 60km an hour along a 400m long zip wire cable that crosses over a huge lake. Not bad for only 6 euros a go!