Festivals and events
ANNUAL EVENTS CALENDAR
Public Holidays 2019
- Mon 22nd April
- Wed 1st May/ Wed 8th May/ Thur 30th May
- Mon 10th June
- Sun 14th July/ Thur Aug 15th
- Fri 1st Nov/ Mon 11th Nov
- Tue 25th Dec/Wed 1st Jan
- “Comic Strip Festival” a massive 4-day event (third largest in the world) held at the end of January in Angouleme.
- The Truffle Festival, Sarlat 3rd weekend in the month.
- “Fest de l’Oie” this annual goose fair is held in early March in Sarlat-
- “Fete de la Fraise” in Beaulieu Sur Dordogne, held on the second Sunday in May in celebration of strawberries including the making of an 8ft strawberry tart.
- "Fete des Fraises et des Fleur" in Vergt on 19th May 2019 with up to 15 000 visitors.
- “Fetes des Fromages Fermier” celebrating cheese in Rocamadour on Whit Sunday.
- “Les Floralies” St Jean de Cole, a huge floral festival held the second weekend in May
- World Music Festival 21st June 2019 celebrated across France
June and July:
- “Itinéraire Baroque” in the Green Périgord. A festival dedicated to Baroque music and Romanesque architecture.
Filibreeis a festival on July 5th-7th highlighting everything Occitan including the language and culture. Its location moves each year and for 2019 thousandswill flock to Perigueux for the event.
- Blues Passions Festival in Cognac from July 4th-8th in celebration of blues and featuring major Blues players this year it features Toto and Supertramp's Roger HodgsonDilect
- French National Day 14th July celebrated across France, Mialet has a huge Vide Grenier and Fireworks.
- “Festival des Jeux du Théâtre” in Sarlat, this theatre festival is one of the most famous in France.
- “L’été musical en Bergerac” an eclectic programme of events at some of the region’s most famous historic sites.
- “Souillac en Jazz” International jazz festival from 13th-20th July in Souillac.
- “Vezere Festival” 39th annual classic music festival played in venues across the area around Brive
- “Bastille Day” 14th July celebrated national holiday across France. Large vide
grenier, food event and fireworks held in Miallet.
- "Fete du Cognac" 25th-27th July a major event in the Charente region where you can try Cognac, Pineau and Charente wines alongside local produce.
- “Festival International des Arts du Mime et du Geste, Mimos” in Périgueux 23rd to 28th July. For one week, street theatre and mime take over the town.
- “Itinérance Médiévale en Vallée du Dropt”, from 7th -31st August in the Bergerac region you can relive the Middle Ages in all its glory!
- “Flamenco Festival” in Bergerac where the town adopts Spanish rhythms at this 3-day event attracting leading names from the flamenco world.
August and September:
- “Sinfonia en Périgord”, near Périgueux. A festival showcasing Baroque music.
August to October:
- “Festival de Musique du Périgord Noir” in Montignac. The Aquitaine’s largest festival, featuring over 20 classical music concerts.
- “Vintage Days” in Perigueux a three-day event on the first weekend in Sept. Celebrating everything vintage including over 100 old vehicles parked in the centre.
- “Hot Air Balloon Festival” in Rocamadour on 28th-29th September, is a massive festival dedicated to hot air balloons.
- “Rue des métiers d’Art” in Nontron. This fair brings together the best artisans in a delightful setting and is THE show for rural arts and crafts!
- “La Foire du Livre” Brive huge book event.
- Christmas markets in the centre of both Limoges and Perigueux