Why pay additional fees to online travel agencies?
Why Book Direct with your Gite owner?
Today, when booking holiday accommodation, most people either book through an online travel agency (OTA), a listing or shop window site (eg Sawdays, Holiday France Direct, French Connections)who pass the booking straight onto the owner, or directly with the owner.
If you book through an OTA then your relationship is with them and not the owner and quite often the owner will know nothing about you until very close to the arrival date.
If you use a shop window site or book direct with the owners, then a relationship is built up at the very start. This enables the owner like ourselves to help you make the most of your holiday by making sure you have all the information you need. This can include extra things such as leaving you a welcome hamper and full details of what to do and see in the area, to booking a local restaurant for your first night etc.
Did you know the OTA booking market is dominated by Expedia Group and Booking Holdings?
Expedia owns Expedia, Hotels.com, Trivago, Wotif and Stayz.com.au, whilst Booking Holdings owns Booking.com, Priceline.com Kayak and Agoda. Between them, Expedia Group and Booking Holdings account for nearly 70% of the total accommodation booking market. Other large players in this market include Airbnb Inc and Tripadvisor Inc. Although quick and simple to use, you will pay a % on top of the value of the accommodation for use of their services.
We don't advertise on these sites, because we don't want to be faceless but instead we want to build a rapport with our guests so they have the best holiday experience. So, for the best price, we fully recommend booking directly with us via our contact us page.
The rental prices below are for our gite called Beaux Souvenirs;
- The gite has 2 first floor bedrooms, each one contains 1 kingsize bed.
- The maximum capacity in a booking is 4 adults.
- The price includes bed linen, towels (including pool towels) and normal consumption of water, general electricity, barbeque gas, and wood burner pellets.
- There is no extra fee for cleaning as guests are expected to leave the gite as clean and tidy as they found on arrival. We reserve the right to deduct £75 for cleaning from the damages cover should the gite be left excessively dirty after departure.
Additional costs include;
- £250/€300 damages cover due 7 days prior to arrival and normally returned within 7 days of departure.
- Taxe de Sejour (local tourist tax) set at 0.83 cents per adult/per night and payable at the end of the stay.
Terms and Conditions;
Please read our full Terms and Conditions here.
|Description||From||To||Weekly||Week Night||Weekend Night||Minimum Stay|
|Low season||07 Nov 20||18 Dec 20||£600||£99||£109||2 Nights|
|Xmas season||19 Dec 20||08 Jan 21||£1100||£189||£199||4 Nights|
|Low season||09 Jan 21||26 Mar 21||£600||£99||£109||2 Nights|
|Medium season||27 Mar 21||28 May 21||£900||£155||£165||2 Nights|
|HIgh season||29 May 21||02 Jul 21||£1200||-||-||7 Nights|
|Peak season||03 Jul 21||03 Sep 21||£1500||-||-||7 Nights|
|HIgh season||04 Sep 21||08 Oct 21||£1200||-||-||7 Nights|
|Medium season||09 Oct 21||05 Nov 21||£900||£155||£165||2 Nights|
|Low season||06 Nov 21||17 Dec 21||£600||£99||£109||2 Nights|
|Xmas season||18 Dec 21||07 Jan 22||£1100||£189||£199||4 Nights|
- Our gite is fully inclusive of everything within the accommodation, except in winter months when the first bag of wood pellets is included and further can be purchased for a small charge.
- A deposit of 25% of the total rental is payable within 7 days of booking to secure the accommodation. This payment is non-refundable.
- The balance is due 10 weeks prior to the arrival date. If the booking is less than 10 weeks then the full amount is payable at the time of booking. You can pay via bank transfer, full details of how to do so will be forwarded with your booking confirmation.
- A standard security deposit of £250/€300 is required with all bookings, paid within the week before arrival. This covers the cost of any damage or breakages to or at the property and any dirt or mess requiring excessive cleaning (inc barbeque) or missing items. The best way to pay the deposit is via bank transfer and will be refunded within 7 days after departure after a satisfactory inspection.
- A local tourist tax of 0.83 euros is charged per person/per night. It's payable at the end of the stay.
- The pool is open from the start of the high season on 1st June to the end of the high season on 27th September. Any extension to these dates is possible if the weather is permitting and is at the discretion of the owners, please ask at the time of booking.
- Due to the possibility of some guests being allergic to animal hairs, we regret that we have a policy of not accepting any pets.